Okay, back before you went on the gluten free casein free diet, did you ever eat those cheese biscuits at Red Lobster?
You know, the ones that you have one…then another…and another. I know I did, and I missed being able to have them. I have a solution now! Yes, it can be done. It took a couple of iterations, but here’s the final version. It’s pretty darn close to their biscuits, and I definitely ate too many of them last night!
David’s Crimson Crustacean GFCF Cheese Biscuits
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded Daiya cheddar “cheese”
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- 2 tbs melted coconut butter
- 3/4 cup almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix the dry ingredients and the cheese together in a bowl.
3. Stir in the coconut butter and almond milk, mix until it has a biscuit dough consistency. If it’s too crumbly, you can sprinkle in a little extra almond milk.
4. I scooped these into a muffin tray, it made about 12, but you can do them as “drop” biscuits on a cookie sheet too, whichever you prefer!
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Brush some extra melted coconut butter over the top and serve while they’re still warm.
And that’s it!
Now, if you’ll excuse me, typing this recipe has made me hungry. Where did I leave those leftover biscuits?